Following the success of Leading the Sector, a professional development course in Digital Leadership for a cohort of 16 leaders from medium-to-large heritage organisations across the UK and the programme which informed this Pathway, Culture24 was awarded further funding through the National Lottery Heritage Fund’s Digital Skills for Heritage programme. In response, we developed a follow on programme called Leading the Sector 2022. This was a programme of online seminars and in-person workshops focused on promoting and building senior digital leadership across the UK’s heritage sector.
We have created a number of new resources through that programme which can further support your digital literacy as a heritage leader.
Online seminar recordings
Through the Leading the Sector 2022 programme we delivered six online seminars focusing on different topics related to digital leadership. You can find the recordings of those seminars, along with some useful further resources, in the links below.
- Digital leadership – Hybrid heritage
- Digital leadership – Digital skills, literacy and capacity
- Digital leadership – Digital infrastructure and process
- Digital leadership – Inclusion, equity and digital
- Digital leadership – Digital enterprise in heritage
- Digital leadership – Heritage, digital and the climate crisis.
In-person workshop resources
After our in-person workshops we sent a follow-up email to delegates containing a number of useful links to resources, tools and reports. You can find those resources below, to aid with your own digital literacy development.
Tool and resources – organisational development
- Guide to Digital Transformation
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund’s Digital Attitudes and Skills for Heritage (DASH) survey
- Digital Culture Compass, Digital Progress Tracker
- Digital Culture Compass, Charter
- Digital Heritage Hub.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund’s DASH survey 2021 report
- Let’s Get Real reports – download all the reports and case studies
- VocalEyes’ Heritage Access 2022 report.
- The Social Dilemma – Netflix documentary, plus follow up discussion starters and resources
- Michael Peter Edson conference provocation on the dark side of social media, The Web We Want MCN Conference 2019
- An annotated/footnoted version of Mike’s talk full of links
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee What’s Next #ForTheWeb.
Except where noted and excluding company and organisation logos this work is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0) Licence. Please attribute as “Digital Pathway: Developing digitally literate leadership in heritage organisations (2021) by Culture24 supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, licensed under CC BY 4.0“